Thursday, March 8, 2007

Matthew Sohn TRJ

TRJ (Prediction)Matthew Sohn
The part I was going to read is about difficulty in love between and Catherine. The main character didn’t treat with his whole heart to Catherine, and some how after he gets drunk, he starts to feel sorry for her. As a result he decided to meet her after the harsh offensive between Austria and alliance (End of the Chapter 7). However Miss Ferguson, one of the nurses working in the hospital shows up. I choose this part to predict because it makes me nervous about what will happen. Is Miss. Ferguson a sign of meeting with Catherine? Or, Is Catherine going to give a sign of rejection? What will happen to those two characters? I tried to think in a positive way. Firstly, the main character will ask Miss. Ferguson for Barkley. Where is she? And the person will come out and give him a hug and ask how the war was and his condition. After that they will stay the same as usual.When I go back and read the part again, I realized that my prediction didn’t make any sense. Miss Ferguson was not a positive sign for the main character. She sends him away, by giving a simple reason “She’s not awfully well” (page 41) which means she doesn’t want to meet you or it is not a proper time to meet. After I read this part I felt really sorry for the main character, and like the story proves, nobody can predict the woman’s mind.

No comments: